Thursday, May 23, 2013

Rock the Band by Michelle A. Valentine

** 4 out of 5 Stars **

**WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD**

After Noel Falcon professed his love to the one girl who truly holds his heart in the palm of her hand, he decides to try his damndest to keep Lane Vance in his life forever this time. There’s no way he’ll let her slip through his fingers again without a fight.

The instant they are together Noel begins to plot a way to ask his headstrong lady-love to be his wife, but every attempt to pop the question is foiled by a string of mishaps that prevents him from the perfect moment to get the job done before he goes back on tour with Black Falcon.

Distance is a bigger challenge than Noel expects, and the one-eyed beast of jealous raises its ugly head when Lane takes on a job working on an ad campaign for Embrace the Darkness. With Striker—a man that’s made it clear in the past he’s very interested in more then her business sense—lurking around her constantly, Noel wants to claim Lane now, more than ever.


Rock the Band is the novella that follows Rock the Heart.  It is a continuation of Noel and Lane's story told completely from Noel's point of view.  It is super short.  I enjoyed it but I feel like it could have been an epilogue to Rock the band instead of a whole other book.  I'm not complaining though because it was more of Noel.

The book picks up where Rock the Heart ends.  Within the first few pages, Noel decides that he needs to make their relationship permanent and he begins planning how to propose and when.  He tired it several times but something either happens or he just can't make the words come out.

Noel and Lane head to his house for a week before they resume the tour.  It's a much needed break and some much needed alone time.  We get to see Noel's sweet side and how much he really does love her.


Never in my life had I loved another person as much as Lanie Vance—I knew that now more than ever. I had to figure out a way to make her mine forever.

While at his house she gets extremely sick and he waits on her hand in foot.  He even sleeps in the recliner while she sleeps on the couch.  It was really sweet.


“You don’t have to suffer along with me.” 
I raised an eyebrow at her ridiculous statement. “Where you go, I go. If you are in misery, then I’m going to be there to help you."
He might be the sweetest guy I've ever seen :)  He has a doctor come out and he gives her antibiotics and she gets better.

**HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD**

Things move forward and they leave the house and head back to the bus.  Lane gets a job working for Striker.  This guy is into her and has been since the first book.  With this new development, Noel is determined to get a ring on her finger. Lane's mother breaks her leg and Lane has to go home to take care of her.   After two weeks of being in Texas while Noel is still touring, he can't stand it any longer when Lane gets sick again.

Once he gets to Texas a few hours after she tells him she's sick he is the one who realizes what's going on with her.  (She's fine when he gets to her)  He informs her that because she was taking antibiotics that she might be pregnant.  There is no drama here, he is completely fine with it if she is pregnant, and it turns out that she is indeed pregnant.  He proposes but she says no.  She thinks he's just asking because of the baby.  (Yeah this girl is blind it seems)  He and his mom come up with an elaborate plan for him to propose on the dock where everything started when they were in high school.  He convinces her that he had planned to do it before and she says yes.




“Lanie Vance, I have loved you from the moment I saw you. So many times I've dreamed of making you my wife one day, and I think today is that day. I love you with every inch of me. I’m drawn to your fire and passion, and I don’t think I can ever be without it again. I want you everyday for the rest of my life. You and our baby. You two are my life. I've had this ring since the day we went shoe shopping with Kyle. Before you knew you were pregnant. This had always been my plan. Having a baby doesn't change how I feel about you. You are my heart, Lane, always have been. Will you marry me?”

Sweetest proposal ever!  I'm glad they finally have their HEA.  Like I said this is a good follow up to Rock the Heart so if you loved it then you will love this.  It is super short though and that was the reason I only gave it 4 stars.




.