Monday, May 20, 2013

Up to Me by M. Leighton

** 5 Mind Blowing/ Amazing/ OMG Stars of 5 **

Never in my mind did I think M. Leighton could write a sequel to Down to You that would be as good.  I.WAS.WRONG!  This book is was amazing!  I have spent 2 days doing nothing but reading these 2 books.  I love this series.  I love Cash Davenport!

Ok so this book leaves off right where Down to You ends.  Marissa and Cash/Nash have broken up.  Olivia is at his house and working in his club.  Danger comes up pretty quick.  Somehow the mob has figured out that he has the books.  Marissa is kidnapped from her apartment when it should have been Olivia.  They go through trying to find out who is behind it, getting her back and keeping Olivia safe.

Cash won't admit that he loves Olivia at first.  She is still trying to get past the fact that he's a bad boy.  She still believes that he is gonna hurt her.  I really wish she would just let this go.  It's obvious that it's different with her if she'd just open her eyes.  He would literally give his life to keep her safe.


“I can tell you how. This isn't about Marissa. It never was. It’s about you. Keeping you safe. I’m not in love with her. I’m in love with you. Can’t you understand that I don’t want to live without you? That I can’t live without you? What the hell would I do if something happened to you? I couldn't let you come here with her by yourself. I couldn't take the risk. I’ll never take the risk if the risk is losing you. Never. Why can’t you understand that?”

We find out pretty early on that Nash is still alive.  He comes to help Cash but he's very angry.  I didn't particularly like him in this book.  He judgmental and arrogant   He doesn't care what happens to the people in Cash's life and he'll do anything to get his revenge.

Olivia is kidnapped while Cash is exchanging the books.  He and Gaven (Cash's best friend) go in and save her.  I really like Gaven.  I think I would like a book about him.  He's loyal to Cash and because of that loyalty he is loyal to Olivia.

This book is the end of the story for Cash and Olivia and it ends well.  I am looking forward to more books in the future!  I was already a fan of M. Leighton but now I love her even more!  I put off and put off reading these books and I don't know why!  This book was just as good as the first and I would recommend it to anyone!  Read this series!

   

Favorite Quotes:

“She’s coming here?” My voice is unnaturally high in my shock. 
Gavin grins. “Damn, did someone just punch you in the nuts? What was that?”