Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines

** 4 out of 5 Stars **

**WARNING:  SPOILERS AHEAD**

To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter. 

She is still naive and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother. 

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.


First let me say that I'm glad I waited until the 3rd book was out before I started reading this series.  If I had to wait on the 2nd book I would be having a fit right now!  Knowing as soon as I finish this review that I have Rush and Blaire waiting on me is making it easier though.  This is a great book...screwed up on so many levels it's not funny but a great book.  I loved Rush and I loved Blaire.  The writing style is easy to follow and there weren't a lot of editing errors.  It kept me trapped in the middle of the story from page one.  I couldn't put it down.  I knew from the reviews what to expect but it still got me in the end.  Cliffy's suck!  I hate them!  

Blaire is from a small town in Alabama.  I know this because it's about 30 minutes from my driveway.  She's 19 and she's had a rough couple of years.  Her mom has just died of cancer and with no one to help her she has to call on the dad who left her 5 years prior.  She's also mourning the death of her twin sister.   She's pretty and exactly what I call a Bama girl:)  I loved how tough and independent she was.  


“I’m from Alabama. I own boots, tight jeans and a gun,”

Rush...oh Rush.  I didn't like this guy at first.  He began to grow on my quickly though.  Now I love him just like everyone else.  He's had it pretty rough too.  His dad is a rock star he never sees.  He's 24 and living off the money his dad put in his trust fund.  There is one part where she describes him in jeans, a black t shirt, dark hair, tattoos, piercings...yum is all I can say.  He's an alpha male and he's cocky and can be rude when he wants to be.  The only thing I didn't like about him was the way he was about his sister.

Speaking of sister, Nan...I can't stand this chick.  She's spoiled and mouthy.

So Blaire ends up at Rush's house looking for her father.  After telling her it was ok to come, he takes of to Paris before she can make it to the house.  She pulls a gun on grant when she gets there which was funny.  She knows how to handle it (my kind of girl) and can shoot better than most men.   Rush puts her up in a room below the stairs.  Yeah...classy guy right there.  She doesn't complain and goes out the next day to find a job.  She ends up working at the country club serving the rich men and boys who play golf.  She makes a killing and is planning on moving out pretty quickly.  

It's obvious from the beginning that there is something going on below the surface with this family but it's kept from us until almost the end.  Rush tries to stay away from her.  It's funny watching him fight it knowing that he's going to loose.  After a night out things change.  He ends up in the backseat of his car with her.  They don't have sex but it's headed there until they start talking on the way home.  It does happen the next night though.  After that they start spending time together.  

We find out the big secret toward the end.  It turns out that Rush is the reason that Blaire's dad left.  He went to find him for Nan.  Nan is Blaire's half sister.  Apparently Blaire's dad left Nan's mom pregnant with her and went with Blaire's mom.  Rush was trying to protect Nan but the damage is done once Blaire finds out.  

She takes off back to Alabama after pulling a gun on Nan.  Yep she pulled a gun on her lol.  We Bama girls don't play ;)

Maybe she’d think twice before she ****** with someone else’s momma. Because, by God, she better never talk bad about mine again.

Rush chases after her and ends up at the motel she's staying at.  He tells her he loves her and he can't live without her.  He explains things but it doesn't do any good.  I was upset with her at this point.  I mean he has driven 7 hours, explained himself, and told her how he's in love with her.  He's got his head in her lap crying and all she can think about is goodbye.  She decides she's gonna get a proper goodbye from him and this irritated me to no end.  This boy is head over heals, begging her to stay and she sleeps with him one last time, tells him goodbye and pretty much kicks him out of the room.  It was a little harsh.

“I can’t make you forgive me. I don’t deserve your forgiveness. I can’t change the past. All I can do is give you what you want. If this is what you want, I’ll walk away, Blaire. It’ll kill me but I’ll do it.”

I would recommend this book to anyone.  It's a good book.  I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because something about it just didn't sit right with me.  I don't know if it was the ending or if it was her.  Read it though you won't be disappointed.  

Now on to Never Too Far...

My Rush/Blaire

         

Favorite Quotes...

              “Then that night at the honky-tonk. You owned me after that. You may not have realized it but I was hooked. There was no going back for me. I had so much to make up for. I’d put you through hell since you’d arrived and I hated myself for it. I wanted to give you the world..."


Saddest quote I have ever read :(


“You don’t have to love me. Just don’t leave me,”