Thursday, June 13, 2013

Never Too Far by Abbi Glines

** 3.5 out of 5 Stars **

**WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD**


He had held a secret that destroyed her world.

Everything she had known was no longer true.

Blaire couldn't stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.  Now, she was back home and learning to live again.  Moving on with life...until something happened to send her world spinning once again.  What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately?

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.

Ok, I have mixed feelings about this book...thus the 3.5 Stars.  I don't know if I was just expecting it to be amazing and it disappointed me or what.  This book was good, don't get me wrong.  I love this series.  There were a lot more errors in this one but it didn't make it hard to read.  I was just a drawn to Rush and Blaire as I was in Fallen Too Far.  Abbi Glines is beginning to become one of my favorite authors.

Rush is different in this book.  He has lost a lot of his bad boy ways it seems.  He's emotional and whiny a lot.  Not that this is a bad thing, just different.  I guess once you fall in love things have to change.  I still love him.  My heart hurt for him a lot in the book.  Especially in the beginning.

Blaire really got on my nerves in the first half of this book.  I didn't agree with her and her decision.  I thought it was wrong and he had a right to know.  Keeping something like that from someone is ridiculous.  He has a right to know.  She was taking him out of the picture without giving him a say in weather he wanted to be there or not.  That's not fair...to any man.

I still hate Nan.  I don't care if she does want to be a part of the baby's life.  That chick has a long road of redemption ahead for me...if that is even enough.  I just wanted to slap her and say "grow your spoiled butt up!"  She was intentionally making things harder for Rush when things didn't need to be.

So when we start book 2 we are still in Alabama, it's been 3 weeks and she's buying a pregnancy test out of town so no one will know.  Just for the record, yes we really do that here(I'm proudly from Bama).  If you don't won't everyone knowing your business then that's what you do.  Anyway, Cain shows up and sees her.    I don't really like this guy but then I kind of do.  He seems to really love her or he thinks he does but he just can't keep it in his pants.  Who runs home after confronting the guy who has gotten your ex pregnant and runs straight into the arms of another woman.  He told her he was coming home to talk to her.  I'm glad this happened though.  She ends up in town with Rush and I'm pretty sure she never would have made it back if she hadn't been going after Cain.

She moves in with Bethy and her plan is to stay for 4 months.  Here is where I began to get angry.  She had no intention of telling Rush about his baby until she could skip town 2 seconds after she told him.  Come on woman up!  Give the man a chance to decide what he wants.  Ladies this is wrong!  Every man deserves a chance to know his child!  He is bound and determined to get her back.  It doesn't matter what it takes.  He drives her back home to get her things, shows up at the club, helps her move.  He's there...all the time.  She shows up at his house in the beginning to tell him she's staying in town and my heart hurt for him.

“Blaire, nothing has changed. Not for me. You don’t need my permission.This is exactly what I want. Having you here again. Seeing your face. God, baby, I can’t do this. I can’t pretend I’m not f***ing thrilled you’re standing in my house right now.”

Things move a long pretty fast.  Everyone in town seems town seems to know she pregnant but him.  She keeps talking about leaving and being alone but she never realizes she has people that love her.  Her friends are defending her, and taking care of her without her even realizing it.  Woods...wow that man.  It's not even his baby and he's taking it upon himself to see that she has what she needs.  He even took her to a doctor's appointment.  He's a good guy!

Finally she tells Rush.  Aside from being shocked he acted exactly how I thought he would.  He didn't get mad and throw a fit, he just ran after her.  He refused to let her go after that.  He moved himself right back into her life and she let him.  They were officially together again and I finally could relax a little.

The problem I was having was the way he kept telling her she was his world, and she was his family.  He would tell her that she came first no matter what and then do something stupid.  I just shook my head.  I did feel for him though.  It can't be easy trying to be what everyone needs.  He felt like he was torn between them and he could not choose.  It's a love triangle but in a different way.

Things finally come to a head.  He informs his mom she has to move out of his house because he isn't leaving and that he intends on marrying Blaire.  His mom and sister get really upset.  In the process Blaire is hurt because she calls to remind him of her doctor's appointment.  He's ugly to her, but only in the sense he won't give her time to remind him and hangs up.  She tries one more time only to end up talking to Nan on the phone.  When she comes home, he's waiting on her.  She shows him pictures of the baby and then asks him to leave.  He had no intention of going anywhere and once he explained what had happened things are back to normal.

He asks her to marry him and she says yes and moves in with him.

Then Nan is in an accident and he yells at her and leaves her standing in his driveway.  I understand he was upset but geez he could have handled it differently.  He didn't have to be so ugly to Blaire in the process.  He leaves and doesn't talk to her for a week.  She's staying in his house wondering if she should pack up and go and he won't even call her.  Grant is checking on her and informing him.  He misses her but is unwilling to call her.

He's about to let her go when her dad steps in and explains why he did what he did.  The man was a coward but I felt for him.

He goes home and she tells him she's letting him go and he refuses to let her which is the smartest thing he's done so far.  He's finally ready to put her first and things are going to be ok...I hope.

He finally makes it to a doctor's appointment.  They do the 3D ultrasound, after he demands that she has the best and pays for it.  It was sweet.  I could feel how excited he was:)  They find out that the baby is a boy and he cries.

OK so great book.  I'm not gonna lie, I HATED the first half of it.  It was easily 2 stars for me.  I had to push myself not to move on to another book.  If it hadn't been for wanting to see how this story plays out I would have.  I skimmed a lot though the first half.  Once she told him at about the 50% point things started getting better.  The book started holding my interest again and I began to enjoy it.  The second half was an easy 5 Stars...so that puts it at 3.5 Stars total.

Read the book.  Just push through the first half and the second half will be worth it, I promise.  I'm excited to see what is in store for them in the next one.



Favorite quotes...

“I don’t just love her, she owns me. Completely. I’d do anything for her.”

“No. One. Comes. Before. You.”

"...And as for making my life difficult, you, Blaire Wynn, make my life complete.”