Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Losing Me, Finding You by C.M. Stunich

** 2 out of 5 Stars **

**WARNING:  SPOILERS AHEAD**

Twenty-One year old Amy Cross's idea of a hot Saturday night is curling up with her favorite book boyfriend and secretly sneaking a bottle of her mother's wine.  That is, until she meets Austin Sparks, the biker boy with a past that burns like fire and a gaze she can't look away from.  Without knowing what she's doing or why she's doing it, Amy ends up on the road with Austin traveling from one city to another while learning things she's only ever read about in romance novels.

At first it seems like Austin is Amy's fantasy come true, but as their journey progresses, she starts to sense that Austin is running away from something.  Amy knows that she'll do whatever it takes to help him find himself.  What she doesn't expect is that she'll lose herself in the process and how good it will feel to be free.

I don't know what it was but this book just wasn't good to me.  The blurb promised me a great book and I just didn't get that.  It was slow until the ending and then rushed to the finish.  I literally just kind of sat there in the end staring at my Kindle.  I have so many unanswered questions.  I almost feel cheated.  I know the story continues in the next book but it's about another couple so I don't really see how it's going to work for me.  I had a hard time connecting with the characters...all of them.  There was never an I love you said, no major talk or anything.  It was just a whole lot of sex, some MC situations I'm still confused about, and not a lot else.  I hate giving negative reviews but there just wasn't anything I really liked about this one...at all.  I feel like I wasted my time...

Austin has sandy blonde hair, brown eyes, tattoos, piercings, a southern drawl and a foul mouth.  He also drives a motorcycle and is a bad boy.  He's 28 and has never been in a relationship.  He's possessive and controlling and very protective.

Amy has blue eyes and brown hair.  She's 21, a bookworm, a preacher's kid and very nieve and inexperienced.  She has extremely overbearing parents who treat her like a child (they unplug her internet connection at night...yeah) and her father believes the best form of punishment is to beat her into submission.  She feels trapped and is dying for her chance to escape.

Amy and Austin meet at a bike show that comes to her town every year.  She's about to enter a bridal store where she takes a second to look at a bike.  He takes her breath the first time she sees him.  When she tries to leave he grabs her arm and asks her out.  He sees something in the girl and knows she's wanting to break free.

There is a girl, Mireya, that Austin has been seeing off and on for 10 years.  She's his bed buddy and throughout the book this woman is a problem.  She's in love with him but he just doesn't see her in that way, especially after he sees Amy for the first time.  When he comes into the store after her it causes WWIII and her dad hits her multiple times.  She sneaks out and meets him at a bar and ends up having sex with him on a pool table.  She's only know the guy for 12 hours mind you but that doesn't seem to matter.



She wants to join the MC and once a video goes viral to all her friends and family in the middle of her cousins wedding she has no choice but to ride off with him on the back of his bike.  They spend a few days getting to know each other and sleeping together.  He's into something heavy with the MC that's not on the up and up and it's causing problems.  Mireya is also causing problems by sending her another video.  They get into a cat fight in the middle of a hotel lobby until Austin ignores Mireya and picks Amy up off the floor and walks away also making a claim on her in the process.

The big secret inside the MC is that Austin robs banks with Kimmi, another member to fund their club.  On the way to do a job they run into some trouble.  The MC prez is out to shut them up permanently.  While fighting for their lives against a rival MC guys go to Austin's hotel room to get Amy only she sees them first and ends up in the room with Mireya and the prez's wife.  The guys break in and attempt to rape and beat them until Austin shows up after receiving help from his brother's during his fight.  He sees red and in the end we don't really know if the prez lived or died but it's assumed that Austin is the new MC prez and he doesn't argue with them but just assumes the role with Amy by his side.  I was left feeling like "What just happened?"



Honestly I never actually saw a love story here.  At one point they both realized they loved each other but they never tell each other.  I'm giving it 2 Stars because I do enjoy reading other books by this author but this isn't a series that I'll continue reading.  If you're looking for a short read about hot biker boys then you might enjoy it.

My Austin / Amy
 

Favorite Quotes:

After all these years of reading about bad boys and alpha males and delicious men with ridiculous names, it's my turn. Mine. Mine. Sorry, Horse; Sorry, Kellan Kyle; Sorry, Ty McCabe; Sorry, Travis Maddox; Sorry, Gideon Cross. But I'm breaking up with all of you.

I guess that's what I get for reading Fifty Shades of Grey a dozen or more times. Naughty, Amy.

I'm going to fall in love with him. I'm going to be head over heels and my stomach is going to hurt every time he walks into a room. I'm going to worry about him whenever he isn't there, and there are going to be times where I'll hate him. Because that's what love is. It's a kaleidoscope of emotions, all sorts of different colors blending together into one.