Monday, July 22, 2013

Seize Me by Crystal Spears

* 5 out of 5 Emotional/Heart Wrenching/Devastating/Amazing Stars *

**WARNING:  SPOILERS AHEAD**

**WARNING:  This book is not suitable for those who don't handle dark material well.  This book contains rape, drug use, violence, and death.  If you can't handle that kind of thing then this book isn't for you!**

Winter Belov was the sweet innocent one in her crime family, the dutiful daughter that never disappointed her father.  One day, her father does the unspeakable.  When he turns his back, Winter flees across the country, taking her life savings with her, determined never to enter that sort of lifestyle again.

No longer innocent, she now lives in Nevada.  Lana is her best friend and the only family Winter has.  Together, they are two of the best exotic dancers in the county.  While working a shift, Pyro, Lana's long time crush, propositions Winter.  He begs her to do a private gig at Breakneck.  She accepts, with the condition that Lana dances with her.

When Winter's eyes lock with Braxxon Breaker's, the President of Breakneck, she realizes she is no longer free; she has been seized.  He is everything she is running from but at the same time everything she wants.  Braxxon will not take no for an answer, and purposely disrupts Winter's life.

Rivals of Braxxon's club re vicious and they do something that will have him out for blood.  Winter's and Braxxon's relationship is anything but a normal one.  If they want to be together, crimes must be committed, friendships will be broken and people are going to die.

What happens when all that chaos mixes with Winter's father locating her?  It will be a bloodshed when Winter and Braxxon seek revenge and take no prisoners.

What to say, what to say?!  This is an amazing book.  This was my first MC book and it won't be my last.  I loved the story line even though it was a dark one.  There are things in this book that are hard to read.  At times I was fighting mad, at others I was trying to control the tears.  The characters are amazing!  The heroine, Winter, is unbelievable.  This girl goes through so much and she is the strongest h I have ever seen.  She fights back, refusing to lay down and take it.  She wants revenge and she's out for blood!  The hero...swoon worthy.  Hot biker with tattoos and drives a Harley...YES please!!  I loved the writing style and it was easy to follow.  This book will be with me awhile!




Winter is a BAD ASS...seriously.  This girl is the new definition of strong.  She's Russian, beautiful with long brown hair, gold eyes and the perfect body.  She's a stripper and running from her former life.  She doesn't take crap from anyone including Braxxon and she could put some cops to shame when it comes to shooting a gun.  She watched her father kill her boyfriend and didn't fall apart.  She took off not long after and has been taking care of herself.  She's 22.



Braxxon is the perfect biker bad boy.  He's 30, gorgeous with short brown hair, grey eyes, a pierced lip and tattoos everywhere.  They cover his arms, his back, his chest.  He's built and muscular.  He's the President of Breakneck MC.  He drives a Harley.  He's a very controlling and possessive alpha male.  He's willing to do what has to be done to get what he wants.  He's also very protective of his family and his friends.  He calls Winter "his angel".

"You've seized me."

Brax and Winter meet when she does a private show with her best friend Lana for Brax's 30th birthday at the Breakneck clubhouse.  He's immediately has to have her.  She spends the night with him blindfolded and she doesn't see him until the next morning.  His looks literally stop her in her tracks.  She thought for sure he'd be old and ugly...he's not.  On the way to the clubhouse Winter and Lana's car breaks down and when Pyro (VP of breakneck, Lana's crush) comes to pick them up it starts a chain of events that takes the entire book to wrap up.

“Name’s Braxxon baby and I wanna touch an Angel.”

Gunshots ring out the morning after the party and Lana is shot.  It isn't life threatening but enough to make Winter come unglued which she does a lot...hot temper that one!  After the shooting she has to tell them who she is.  She is a mafia princess.  Her father is the Russian Mafia in America.  Her last name is notorious.

No matter how much I liked Brax there are some things he does in this book that I just couldn't stand.  Winter sees him slap a girl to the ground twice.  He speaks to her in such a horrible manner at times that I wanted to slap him.  He cheats, both times with her in the house.  He's just got a few ways that I didn't care for at all.  He has her fired from her job when she refuses to answer his calls and when she goes to confront him she catches him in his room with 3 "muffler bunnies".  His only excuse is "you're mine" for everything.

We are introduced to Christina who is an ex of Brax's.  He's cared for 3 women in his life and she's one of them.  His POV does let us know how much he cares about Winter though.  We know from the beginning that he's spellbound by her.  It's instant love and there is no walking away no matter what.

Christina kidnaps Winter and she is taken to the enemy's territory.  Once there she is brutally raped by the leader and his son.  His son is posing as a prospect with Breakneck.  She is then cut and beaten.  Brax goes after her and rescues her but the damage is done.  Gone is the Winter he fell for and here is a darker more badass version of her.  The refresher lessons from Brax's brother come in handy while leaving the house.  Winter takes his gun and blows her head off.  Yeah, she's that awesome!

She's even more damaged and turns to drugs and alcohol to numb anything she's feeling.  They eventually catch the son of the rival gang leader and what she does to him had me scared of her, along with Brax and his brothers.  I won't go into detail but if they hadn't killed him then he would have been in the same shape they left her in.  It was pretty messed up.  During this time she's in bad shape.  She won't let Brax touch her which is understandable and she gives him the green light to sleep with a woman who he cared about at one time.  She's from another chapter of Breakneck and he does it.  He regrets it after but he's so angry that he can't get her to understand how much she means to him that he sleeps with the other girl.

After her revenge on the one of the guys who raped her she's no longer his angel but now she's his dark angel and he's gonna have a hard time controlling her.  She grabs the woman he slept with by the throat and slams her into the wall.  He gets mad because she's being caring to Pyro after he's shot and Brax has one of the other girls do something to him right in front of her and she straddles his brother and starts kissing on him until Brax stops what he's doing and jerks her off his brother.  After that there are rules laid down and there is no more cheating.  They tell each other they love each other.


They find the other gang leader and he's with her father.  3 people are killed in the process one of which is her best friend Lana.  She's beyond enraged and she shoots her father in the head when he shows up at the clubhouse a few days later.  Cold blooded murder, she feels nothing.  After all this she's still her.  She's not angry or broken.  She's strong and determined.

Once Brax figures out exactly how much money she's worth and what her past really is he's convinced she's gonna leave him and he's not gonna be able to live without her.  A few days later he proposes and she says yes.

"I don't want you worried that one day I'm going to up and leave you, because baby, I can't.  I wouldn't be able to breathe if I did.  Ever since that day you danced into my life, I've done nothing but breathed your air.  I'd suffocate without you."

This was an AMAZING book.  I loved every second and it had me on the edge of my seat until the very last second.  I couldn't put it down.  I look forward to the next book in the series.  I would recommend this book to anyone who likes bad boys, bikers, angst, drama, or anything along those lines.  If you're not into the hard core dark stuff I wouldn't read this one.  It's not for the faint at heart!  I give it 5 stars because it was simply awesome!

My Brax (he's getting several pics)
  

Winter




Favorite Quotes:

She’s my Winter for my hottest summer days. She’s the Angel for my hell. I will never leave her. She will have to do the leaving and even if she did leave, she’d still own every single inch of me.

The only thing that’s clear is that I have this connection with this man holding me, and I’m down for the count. His gray eyes grab a hold of my soul and pull me with a force so strong that there is no going backwards, only forward. He now owns me. I tried to stay away, and he’s made that impossible. I couldn't get away even if I tried.

“Go wash the skank off. I’m sending one of your Prospects to get me some damn gummy bears. You stress me the hell out!”

In that moment where my mind, body, and soul are assaulted, I know that I’ll never be the same ever again. Braxxon has seized me, and something tells me he isn't letting me go.