Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Something new :)



So I've decided to try something new :)

I've read so many book over the last few months.  There is no way I will ever be able to review all of those and the ones I'm currently working on.  Sometimes a book can be really good but at the same time it travels down the "straight and narrow" book road.

What exactly is the "Straight and Narrow" book road by my definition you ask??


  1. It's a good/great book
  2. No angst
  3. No drama
  4. Boy meets girl, boy falls in love, they live happily ever after
  5. No darkness
  6. No love triangle
  7. Etc...
You know the ones I'm talking about.  You read them but honestly there just isn't a lot of depth and there isn't a lot to really review.  They are "cookie cutter" at best.  Does that mean I didn't like them?  No.  Does that mean they weren't good or even great?  No.  Does it mean I don't like the author?  No.  It just means it wasn't a memorable read for me and I probably won't remember it.  It will be one of those books that months from now I will come across and have to go to good ole' GoodReads and check if I've already been there done that.

While I don't feel a need to write an in depth review on these books they still deserve some credit.  So I'm creating a page where you will be able to check out these books and a very short review about them.  There will be no spoilers (this is because there wasn't anything major happening) and the review will be in general 100 words or less.  If there happens to be anything major happening then I'll give you that little nugget as well.  

I'm calling this page "At a Glance Reviews".  Make sure to check this page often so that you don't miss any reviews!